“Filmmaking is about telling. But it’s also about selling.“
Creative Europe MEDIA Desk MK is proud to announce the intensive training programme led by Brian McGill “The Art of Good Pitching: Preparation and Practice” that will take place on 23 and 24 April 2019, in cooperation with the Film Agency of the Republic of North Macedonia in the frames of the 22. Skopje Film Festival.
The aim of the training programme is to train and prepare Macedonian producers, directors and screenwriters on how to best pitch their project. The participation in the training will contribute to gaining specific pitching skills and knowledge, and you will also have the opportunity to pitch your project before international expert Brian McGill, who will give advice and recommendations for each project individually.
Brian McGill is a Scottish screenwriter, consultant and professor who has been writing TV series for UK and French TV for more than 25 years, including the award-winning series Taggart (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088621/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt). McGill works as a script doctor, he was a pitching tutor for the ENGAGE programme – supported by Creative Europe MEDIA and a script reader in the Irish Film Council. In his career Brian McGill has received an award by Sir Sean Connery, cooperated with the producers of Seven and teaches script and pitching at Screen Academy Scotland, Örebro University, Sweden and European Film College – Denmark.
This intensive training programme will build the capacities of the Macedonian film producers, directors and screenwriters for future successful pitching of their projects on co-production forums, film markets, pitching sessions, etc.
The training programme is free of charge and will be held in English.
The programme is split in two parts:
Tuesday, 23 April 2019
- Lecture on the following topics: “Why is good pitching important”, “How to prepare your project for pitching”, “What to stress and what to ignore when pitching a project”.
The application is open for young and experienced producers, directors, screenwriters, students and all interested parties who want to gain practical knowledge in this area.
Wednesday, 24 April 2019
- Pitching session – practical exercises for the teams of registered projects that are being developed
- producers, directors and screenwriters of feature length films in development
- producers, directors and screenwriters who currently have active applications for feature length film in development for the first deadline of the “Competition for supporting the production of a feature length and short film, documentary and animated films” published by the Film Agency of the Republic of North Macedonia on 23 January 2019.
Application for the training:
The application deadline is 10 April 2019.
→ For attending the training (without a project in development) you need to send:
- name and surname
- brief description of your job and why it is important to participate (in Macedonian)
*the participants without a project will also be able to attend the pitching session on the second day
→ For attending the pitching session with a project in development you need to send:
- name and surname
- about the project: working title, producer, director and screenwriter (in English)
- project synopsis (in English)
The synopses will be forwarded to Brian McGill so that he can prepare for the pitching sessions and be able to provide more specific and useful comments on individual projects. Each team that will apply with a project will be able to attend the pitching session. MEDIA Desk MK guarantees the confidentiality of the submitted synopses and their use only for the abovementioned purposes.
Send your applications to [email protected] with the subject: Training Programme.
Only those who apply within the deadline can attend the programme.
The participation in this training programme is of great importance, particularly due to the fact that you will have the opportunity to present your project free of charge before an exceptionally important expert in this area, who will give you comments and guidance on how to improve your projects.
On behalf of MEDIA Desk MK I encourage you to apply and avail yourself of the opportunity to be part of this training.